Agile Accelerator Help Guides
Results: Collaborative Scorecard
The scorecard provides key information about the connectivity of people in the group. Most of the column headers are sortable, allowing you different views of the metrics.
- “#” measures the number of incoming ties to that person based on the Information network. In other words, the number of others who turn to that person for information important to getting their work done. By clicking on this, you can quickly see who is most connected and who is least connected (and everything in between).
- The Energy/Openness Index is calculated as the # of incoming work ties divided by # of people who say that person is energizing and open. A higher score means that, on a % basis, more people find that person to be a source of energizing and open interactions.
- Rob Cross’ research has shown that Energizers are much more likely (4x) to be high-performers over time. They create followership through the way they engage with others. These energizing behaviors are not esoteric, but concrete behaviors that people can learn.
- The Collaborative Overload index is calculated as the # of incoming work ties divided by # of people who say that they need more access to that person in order to achieve their work objectives. A higher score means that, on a % basis, more people need greater access to that person.
- As a general guideline, our research has found that people start to slow down the work of others around them (i.e. become bottlenecks, often unknowingly) and begin to get overwhelmed when that number rises above 25-30%.
- The Boundary Spanning index is calculated as the # of incoming work ties from people who work in different functions, departments or teams. Working across boundaries, particularly function/dept/team, is very important to creativity, best practice transfer, and obtaining new and different information.
Note: We rely primarily on incoming ties for our calculations as a more reliable measure (since it provides input from the population at large versus that of a single individual).