Training & Tools
Below are some of the learning and performance support resources that have been created to support the research program.
The Five Network Strategies of Successful People program combines the finding from the Personal Networks Research Program with thousands of data points captured during more than twenty years of Network Analysis at 300 organizations to provide practical insights into improving personal innovation, execution, scaling, well-being and adapting. Created to enable success amidst the collaborative intensity of work, the program positions you to succeed and thrive in the modern business world.
The collaborative intensity of work has exploded over the past decade, making networks of both formal and informal relationships increasingly the means by which employees innovate, execute and thrive at work. Unfortunately, most people have only a vague idea of the networks around them and often don’t invest in relationships in ways that can boost success.
Contrary to popular belief, performance and well-being are not enhanced by simply building a big network, but rather by establishing one that is managed across five benefits that effective personal networks confer. Specifically, our research over the past two decades shows that more effective people cultivate networks that help:
- Produce Innovative Solutions: Crafting non-insular and collaboratively efficient personal networks promotes your ability to frame/solve problems broadly and envision unique opportunities.
- Execute Work Efficiently: Engaging key opinion leaders in networks to drive influence without authority and addressing four performance
opportunities in networks – center, fringe, silos and responsiveness – helps efficiently advance projects and drive results.
- Enable Emergence and Energize Hidden Potential in Networks: Creating competence- and benevolence-based trust and energy in networks attracts better opportunities and talent.
- Generate Physical and Mental Well-Being: Building networks that provide task and social benefits positively impacts your physical health and resilience/well-being.
- Allow You to Learn and Adapt through Experience: Leveraging relationships to build capabilities in times of transition and avoid career derailing network traps is critical to individual performance during times of change.
In this five-session course, Rob Cross reviews network dimensions that two decades of research have shown to be critical to success and will help you build a personalized action plan to optimize connectivity.
The Program Roadmap provides a visual description of the program's rich themes and content. It illustrates how the program's mindset, skillset and toolset come together to provide practical startegies and solutions.